North Eugene Babe Ruth families can expect some changes with this year’s Raffle, and new families may be wondering what the Raffle involves, so we’ve assembled some info about our biggest fundraiser of the year:
- What is new with this year’s Raffle? This year, the Raffle is being managed by each individual area within Willamette Valley Babe Ruth! WVBR is still the title sponsor, but all tickets sold by North Eugene players will go into a NEBR-specific raffle drawing and prizes.
- What is so important about the Raffle? We sell raffle tickets to raise money for field and complex maintenance, and other program costs. We use a looooooot of Turface here in the Willamette Valley!
- When do I get my 25 tickets? Raffle ticket pick-up night is Thursday, March 11th, at the Riviera Baptist Church (3071 River Rd, Eugene, OR 97404). Please come during your team’s scheduled time:
- Tee Ball: 6 – 6:30PM
- Rookie Teams: 6:30PM – 7:00PM
- AA & AAA Teams: 7:00 – 7:30PM
- Majors & American: 7:30 – 8:00PM
- What do I do with the 25 tickets I receive at Raffle Ticket Pick-up Night? Those tickets are paid for in full as part of your player’s registration fee. Turn them in to win a prize for yourself, or sell them for $2 each to recoup up to $50 of player fees.
- When do I turn in sold Raffle tickets? Raffle tickets are due by Sunday, April 25th. We’ll coordinate with coaches and team parents on how to best collect these.
- When / where is the drawing? May 1st, 2021, at 1:00PM, at Maxwell Fields. You are not required to be present to win (in fact, COVID social distancing will likely require limited attendance).
- What are the prizes? CASHHHHHHH!
- First Prize: 🎊 $400 Cash 🎊
- Second Prize: 🥳 $200 Cash 🙌
- Third Prize: 🎉 $100 Cash 🎉
- Are there any prizes for the player who sells the most tickets? Yes! This year, NEBR’s top seller will receive a $200 gift card to Dick’s Sporting Goods!
- If I win a prize, how will I be contacted? If you take one thing from this post, please take this: Write your contact information on your raffle ticket stub, and make sure it is legible! This is the one and only way the NEBR board will know how to contact you. Leave your chicken scratch for the prescription pad, doc.
If you are ready for more tickets to sell, or have any questions about the raffle, email Ali Gehlhaar @ firstname.lastname@example.org